Sunshine Blogger Award
Updated: Jul 10, 2019
With all that has been going on in the last few weeks, I'm happy to announce that I was nominated by an amazing Detroit Blogger ( @dash_of_melanin ) for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I am extremely thankful for being nominated with so little time in the blogging world.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity and joy. For me, it's a sign that my hard work is not going unnoticed!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you again for the nomination girly! Be sure to check her blog out. You're missing out if you don't! -----> dashofmelanin.com <-----
Rules for the award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate (at least) 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Here are the questions I was asked below:
What was your first job?
My very first job was working at Chandler Park Water Park on the Eastside of Detroit. The funny thing is, I lived on the Westside, so I took 3 buses to get to work.
When other bloggers DM you and ask you questions do you ignore them or give them the answer they are looking for?
I always answer! I am a very authentic person. I love sharing knowledge with others. We always should pay forward the knowledge were learn from others.
What made you start blogging?
I love talking, I love giving advice, and I love to receive feedback. I decided to turn this into a blog because this is a great way to connect with millions of people with similar interest. It's also a way to tell my story.
Who are your biggest influences? Name 5
My Parents, my siblings, my mentor, my friends and my relationship with God
Best advice someone gave you?
"It’s Not the Years in Your Life That Count. It’s the Life in Your Years"
If you had the knowledge you had today when your first started blogging would you change anything you have done?
My biggest fear was not getting the support that I needed, which delayed my launch for a few years. If I were to change anything, I'd change how much I doubted myself! Always take that leap on faith!
How did we meet?
We met at an entrepreneur/branding event called Mogul Chic!
Album you are currently listening to?
Revenge of the Dreamers lll x Dreamville
What is your hidden talent?
Doing Hair, Cheer Coach, and Shower Singing
Favorite go-to hairstyle?
I love my box braids
Best & Worst sign you get along with?
My Favorite Sign is Virgos, they're so cool!
Worst sign, Gemini's !!!!!
Here are my nominations:
1. Demaiac - thedeecole.com
2. Shayler- sharlerrichmond.com/blog
3. Elle.thefoodie - millennialmeetstove.com
4. JaylaBRenae- youtube.com/results?search_query=jaylabrenae
5. Dacy_Dash- Ink.bio/MB8L
6. Kativa Nashay - kativanashay.com
7. TQ- Coming Soon!
8. Kara- eirene.blog/
Here are my questions!
1. What are your favorite local places to eat?
2. What is your biggest motivation?
3. Chipotle or Qdoba?
4. What is the biggest obstacle you face as a blogger?
5. Post a picture of your flyest outfit of 2019!
6. What advice would you give to someone starting up a brand/blog of their own?
7. Describe your perfect date.
8. Why did you start blogging? What motivated the name?
9. What are 5 beauty products you cant live without?
10. How do you choose what content if good/bad for your brand?
11. Will you be at the next Detroit Blog Event?
Your answer BETTER be YES!
Check out these bloggers, make sure you go show my girl Phe some love dashofmelanin.com
Hope you enjoyed this post,